Talk to us today:   01327 810373

  • Home
  • KRW News
  • KRW Q&A
  • What are the benefits of tax enquiry insurance?


03 July 2013

I’ve had to pay an employee statutory sick pay – can i recover any?

on Wednesday, 03 July 2013.

Statutory Sick Pay must to be paid to members of staff who are absent from work due to sickness in certain circumstances, but usually only the smallest employers are able to claim it back.

In this month’s Q&A we take a look at the Statutory Sick Pay rules and what periods of absence qualify, plus set out how the 13% recovery calculation works in practice.

30 April 2013

What is the new cash basis, and should i use it?

on Tuesday, 30 April 2013.

After lots of hype, the cash basis of calculating profits for tax purposes is finally with us, being optional for sole traders and partnerships turning over less than £79,000 per annum.

In this month’s Q&A we take a look at how the cash basis works and set out which businesses might benefit from adopting it as an alternative to accruals accounting.

28 February 2013

Does vat have to be paid on the sale of gift vouchers?

on Thursday, 28 February 2013.

This question came up recently from a restaurant owner who sells gift vouchers for meals. She wanted to know whether VAT has to be declared at the point that the vouchers are sold.

In this month’s Q&A we take a look at the VAT position relating to gift vouchers, which generally means that VAT is accounted for when the vouchers are redeemed.

30 January 2013

Does a loss-making rental property need to be declared to HMRC?

on Wednesday, 30 January 2013.

I have been asked this question many times over the years: If a second property is rented out but makes losses, does it need to be declared to HM Revenue & Customs?

In this month’s Q&A we take a look at the rules and also set out the potential benefits of declaring a loss-making property by preparing a self-assessment tax return.

30 October 2012

What is flat rate vat and could i benefit?

on Tuesday, 30 October 2012.

I am often asked about flat rate VAT by business owners, and whether or not they could save by switching to this method of accounting for VAT.

Flat rate VAT is an alternative method of accounting for VAT, available to businesses with a turnover (excluding VAT) of up to £150,000 per annum.
<<  3 4 5 6 7 [89  >>  

Contact KRW

KRW Accountants
The Mill, Pury Hill Business Park
Alderton Road, Towcester
Northants, NN12 7LS

phone01327 810373

Members of

icaew logo  chartered     

Connect with KRW

twitter    linked in    rss    facebook